Saturday, August 24, 2013

Miesha Tate on overcoming negativity and becoming positive



44:25 into this clip, Miesha Tate talks about how she overcome her extreme anger and negativity towards Ronda Rousey and got into a more healthy and positive mindset towards her and the sport:

The first time that we fought each other I was the one that was unhappy about things and I was the one that was being manipulated her attacks; I just had never dealt with someone like that and after I lost, I really had to re-evaluate myself as a person, I realized that, how stupid that was to play into that and how much it really affected me and how much I did not like it, and how much it made me not like MMA, because all those kind of politics with it. So I just had to change my stance. I remember Bryan (Carraway) and I were in the car driving somewhere and I was really thinking about it really hard...and I was doing some soul searching and I said, "You know Bry, do you think that let my anger and hatred and dislike towards Ronda be like my fire and motivation for the reason I want to fight and beat her again? Or do you think I should let it go and just be appreciative of what she's done and try to be positive about it and be better instead of bitter". And he's like, "Absolutely,  you need to let it go. You're not the kind of person that feeds off of negative energy well and you don't perform at your best when you're under negative charge. And so I says, "I think you're really right". And so I just prayed and tried to clear my heart of any negative emotions or standpoint and I think I did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations